Since 1991, UTHS has been a provider of employee health care for a variety of companies and organizations throughout and beyond the Houston area. Our team of nurse practitioners and physicians specializing in occupational health collaborate to provide quality care at an affordable price. UTHS clinicians and administrators listen to employers and tailor programs for effective and cost-efficient services. Regulatory compliance is just the beginning, because UTHS designs outcome-based services to promote optimum health and wellness for employees.
UTHS is a member in good standing with The Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics, a hallmark achieved by only a handful of clinics in the nation. We are associated with the Southwest Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, a component of The University of Texas School of Public Health at Houston.
Services for Employers
- Travel medicine services – our clinicians are ready to prepare employees for foreign travel with health screening, education, vaccinations and travel supplies to facilitate healthy and productive travel.
- Post-injury care – our clinicians provide evidence-based care adhering to the Occupational Disability Guidelines (ODG) and Medical Disability Advisor (MDA). All clinicians are proficient in management and procedures for common workplace injuries. We collaborate with employees on return-to-work issues to achieve a safe, productive re-entry to work life as quickly as possible. UTHS accepts employees from subscriber and non-subscriber workers’ compensation plans for work-related injury.
- Post-exposure care – our providers are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week to direct employees to timely and appropriate care following potential blood-borne pathogen exposures. UTHS provides initial exposure care in partnership with Memorial Hermann Hospital and follow-up care in our clinic.
- Drug screening – UTHS provides comprehensive drug screening services, including collection, reporting and medical review officer (MRO) services.
- Fitness for duty examinations – Department of Transportation (DOT) and exposure-based regulatory exams are available in the clinic on a daily basis or may be delivered on site with a mobile van. UTHS coordinates with local specialists to provide comprehensive executive physicals or wellness exams guided by age-based recommendations.
- Screening and diagnostic services – Audiometry; Spirometry; X-ray; EKG; Audiometry screening, vision screening, and state -of -the-art pulmonary function testing; Office laboratory.
- Medical, industrial hygiene and occupational health nursing consultants
- Infection control program consultations
- TB screening and surveillance programs and consultations (call 713.500.3248 for more information)
For questions about Occupational Health Services, or if you have other needs not listed, call us at 713.500.3267.